With the spring and summer wedding seasons quickly approaching, the bride and groom will be faced with a lengthy list of things to do in preparation for the big day. Thoughts go to the bride’s dress, the flowers, and the wedding cake. But, don’t forget the invitations. The selection of wedding invitations is an essential part of the entire wedding process.
Morgan Busam, owner of M. Hopple & Co., located in both Kenwood and Downtown Cincinnati, has made of a list of important points to consider when shopping for wedding invitations.
• Invitations should be sent six to eight weeks prior to the wedding date.
• You should order your wedding invitations at least one month in advance
of your mailing date.
• A key part of the invitation ordering process is viewing in person the ink color, paper swatches, and font choices. For this reason, purchasing wedding invitations online is strongly discouraged.
• Don’t just settle. Your invitations should be custom- tailored to fit you and your style.
• While not a written rule, it’s recommended that the wedding invitation suite carry the same theme and look throughout all of the pieces. A suite can include invitations, welcome cards, programs, place cards, menus, table numbers, favor tags and more. All of the pieces should be cohesive in some way. The designers at M. Hopple & Co. enjoy working with couples throughout the entire wedding process to create a custom look that is unique to the event.
• According to www.theknot.com, while planning a wedding, expect at least 2-3% of the budget to be reserved for stationery. The wedding invitation budget depends on several factors, including quantity, number of pieces in the suite, design, print method, and materials. M. Hopple & Co. offers several printing options to accommodate most budgets.
• Visit wedding expos. They are great forums where couples can get wedding ideas and meet local vendors. Busam recommends the Cincinnati Bridal Expo, which will be on February 26, 11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., at Centre Park of West Chester. M. Hopple & Co. will have a booth at the expo.
The creative team at M. Hopple & Co. will work with special ideas that couples may have for invitations, such as watercolor or hand-drawn illustrations. They are happy to make any dream a reality. M. Hopple & Co. can perform assembly as well.
M. Hopple & Co. is nationally recognized in the industry for dedication to quality. According to Busam, “Our policies are simple, our pricing is affordable, our service is outstanding and our turn-around times are among the best in the business! We would love to set up an appointment to learn more about you and your big day.”